Welcome to Sheep Dressed Like Wolves
Get my free e-book: The Gentle Rebel Manifesto
My name is Andy. I am a musician and songwriter who often struggles to get my quiet temperament working effectively towards my life’s goals and ambitions.
I help encourage, inspire, and equip other introverted and Highly Sensitive People (HSPs) looking to find meaning and variety in their own lives. I want to assist so that they can live out their deep passion and purpose and make their unique gentle impact on a loud world that easily overwhelms them.
Sheep Dressed Like Wolves is the Blog and Podcast for people I define as Gentle Rebels who long to make an impact in a sometimes strange, absurd, and often overwhelming world. In the middle of 2014 I built the ‘Members Haven‘ so that we can gather together in a safe space, learn from other Gentle Rebels, and encourage each other to move towards the life we dream of.
I am a Highly Sensitive (social) Introvert, which is something I only really discovered during the past couple of years.
I have spent much of my life searching for meaning and purpose beyond the perceived expectations of society.
As a result I often feel inadequate, underprepared, and like other people have better ideas, more experience and a bigger sense of understanding and entitlement to live a life of fulfilment and purpose.
If these ideas resonate then you could say I write specifically for you.
The stuff I publish on Sheep Dressed Like Wolves is written from my perspective, and out of my experience as an introverted and highly sensitive artist.
I care deeply about helping people with similar temperaments understand themselves better so that they can work through ways to release the unique voice within, succeed in their endeavours, and become the artist they were born to be.
The website is for:
- Those of us who do NOT necessarily recognise ourselves as ‘creative’ because we don’t feel equipped, clever enough, or part of the right crowd to justify such a label.
- Those of us who constantly compare our messy insides with other peoples’ shiny outsides.
- Those of us who feel unsure and overwhelmed about who we are, what we’re doing, and how we can make the breakthrough to start pursuing the things we are passionate about.
- Those of us who often feel like we are on the outside of our social and professional circles. We are overwhelmed and distracted by too many people, the mood of the crowd, and too much sensory input.
- Those of us who enjoy spending lots of time alone.
- Those of us who love spending time with other people even though we find it exhausting.
- Those of us who are desperate to find meaning and purpose in what we do, and find it difficult to settle for what is expected of us by other people.
- Those of us who find the idea of disappointing people by not doing what is expected of us hard to reconcile within ourselves.
- Those of us who want to make a difference but have absolutely no idea where to start.
- Those of us who long to do things we see others doing but always perceive other people as more creative, more confident, like they know what they are doing, and like they find it very easy to do what we can seemingly only dream of.
- Those of us who are forever on the cusp of giving up.
Through this blog and podcast I want to de-construct and explore this stuff and to help introverts and highly sensitive people recognise and overcome what is holding us back from living with the passion, purpose, and meaning we seek.
If this chimes with you then my free e-book is definitely for you. Click Here to Find Out More.
A major part of what inspires my writing is the belief that beneath the surface we are all artists and there is no such thing as a non-creative person. I like to explore ways in which this is suppressed in our society and the things that imprison our thinking and behaviour.
I believe that:
All people are artists. Very few people know they are artists.
Each of us has something profound to offer. Very few of us are encouraged and given the space to offer it. It is mostly a battle we have to engage in.